1. Device and personal identification information
Countly mobile analytics platform collects device information from applications in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, carrier information, session duration, location information, custom events defined by SDK or personal information like mailing address or phone numbers defined by 3rd parties. Countly Mobile Analytics Platform SDK itself doesn’t collect user information and/or any data that ties or bounds to a specific user (e.g UDID, MSISDN or email), however companies using this SDK can modify it to suit their specific needs. Countly Mobile Analytics Platform only collects personally identifiable information from users only if 3rd parties submit such information to us. Countly cannot be kept liable from any information collected by 3rd parties.
2. How we use collected information
Countly collects and uses application information for the following purposes. Note that we do not share any information detailed with items below with 3rd parties.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our customers as a group use the services and resources provided as a service.
- To improve our backend: We continually strive to improve our SaaS offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you and your applications.
- To improve customer service: Your application data helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send you information: We automatically subscribe you to our newsletter service (with low traffic), from which you can unsubscribe anytime.
3. How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, data collected from mobile applications, username, password, transaction information and all related data stored on our site. Our servers are hosted on Amazon servers and we take necessary precautions in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for our customers. While Countly takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of your data and our services, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that Countly receives, including without limitation with respect to vulnerabilities to hacker intrusion and other malicious code.
4. Sharing your company, data and user information
We do not sell, trade, or rent application data or user identification information to others. We may share only generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any application or user identification information regarding applications and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for marketing purposes. We may share the name of your company with parties defined above for limited, informational and marketing purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
5. Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. Our unmodified SDKs do not collect information of children under 13 years of age, and we ask you not to collect this information from your applications.
7. Your acceptance of these terms
By using this service, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our service. Your continued use of the service following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
8. Contacting us